After your studies

The Orientation Year (zoekjaar) permit allows recent graduates from non-EU countries and scientific researchers to stay in or come to the Netherlands for a period of up to twelve months. During this period, they can seek employment or work without needing an extra work permit. This means they have free access to the Dutch labour market, as employers do not need to apply for a work permit for them. International graduates can apply for this permit within three years after their graduation.

More information about your options of remaining in the Netherlands to find a job.